Automating Order to Invoice Process Synch Frees Up .5 FTE
“Integration doesn’t have to be over-complicated or cost prohibitive. ” — Richard Giddey, VP, Asia Pacific
StorageCraft utilizes Salesforce® to manage their sales cycle and Quickbooks to manage their finances. With no link between the two, and a large volume of transactions they were dealing with duplication of information and lack of automation in their business processes from order to cash.
StorageCraft wanted to minimize their time spent working with their data to enable them to focus on their business. Connectivity between Salesforce and Quickbooks would provide them with a true order to cash solution and minimize the time spent keying data on a daily basis.
They required an integration solution that would run with minimal maintenance and input required from their team. The solution needed to cater for the B2B component of the business and the Salesforce customisations they had put in place to manage their sales process in a channel model.
StorageCraft engaged WDCi, to build and deploy a rapid integration process between Salesforce.com and Quickbooks. WDCi recommended that they use Boomi’s integration platform, AtomSphere, in order to accommodate their requirement in the fastest possible time and provided the flexibility needed for their unique business requirements.
- StorageCraft now has an automated bi-directional sync of data between Salesforce and Quickbooks, including:
- Data validation in Salesforce to ensure the Opportunity is ready for the integration process.
- Items are synchronised to Salesforce Products and Pricebook.
- Distributor Accounts in Salesforce are created as Quickbooks Customers.
- Invoices are created in Quickbooks from Opportunities in Salesforce.
- Distributor and Reseller data in Salesforce is incorporated into the invoicing process.
- When the status of an Opportunity changes to Closed Won, the invoice is generated in Quickbooks, utilising the channel data in the Opportunity.
- The invoice number is then populated to the Opportunity in Salesforce.
- StorageCraft has experienced numerous benefits following the implementation of AtomSphere, including:
- Automated Item-Product synchronisation.
- Eliminated re-keying of data between the two systems.
- Automatic creation of invoices, removing a time consuming manual process.
- Removed the dependency on individuals to generate invoices daily.
Prior to this solution, StorageCraft was manually creating up to 100 invoices per day. In addition to this they had to manually synchronise product data between Quickbooks and Salesforce as well as deal with any re-keying errors.
Implementing this solution has saved up to 4hrs of manual processing per day or 20hrs per week, freeing up staff to add value to the business and their customers.
The return on this investment can be measured in months, through the time saving alone; additional value is achieved through the accuracy and timeliness of the data.
StorageCraft Technology Corporation provides innovative disk-based backup, disaster recovery, system migration, data protection and security solutions for servers, desktops and laptops. StorageCraft delivers software products that reduce downtime, improve security and stability for systems and data and lower the total cost of ownership for servers, desktops and laptops.
- Application Types
- Salesforce CRM
- Vice President