BERWYN, PA, Oct. 25, 2011 – Dell Boomi, the world’s largest integration cloud, today announced new capabilities that utilize the power of its AtomSphere user community to simplify cloud and software-as-a-service (SaaS) application integration for medium and large enterprises.
AtomSphere Fall 11, the newest version of Dell Boomi’s cloud integration technology, includes expanded intelligence for suggesting customer-validated data maps and functions, an integrated capability for business rules, proactive customer communication services and improved functionality for monitoring integrations and service uptime anywhere for partners and end users. The new features simplify the move to cloud computing with easy integration via customer-proven pathways and user- and partner-friendly tools for monitoring and maintenance.
“Integration is a critical element to our business. Boomi has helped us not only tackle our vast data integration needs from our hundreds of properties, but has also helped enable a comprehensive Cloud strategy,” said Pradip Sitaram, senior vice president and chief information officer at Enterprise Business Partners. Enterprise Community Partners is a national nonprofit that builds affordable housing across the United States, giving low-income people greater access to stable affordable housing in strong communities. “The new business rules enhancement to AtomSphere Fall 11 allows us to isolate rules and make centralized changes that can be applied across integrations simultaneously. This feature helped us avoid investing in separate business rules software along with related resources, training and development costs, saving Enterprise Business Partners well over $100,000.”
World’s Largent Multi-Tenant Integration Cloud Speeds Integration Tasks
Dell Boomi AtomSphere simplifies the introduction of cloud and SaaS applications into a customer’s IT environment. AtomSphere connects new applications to existing applications—no matter how complex the data connections might appear to be. The multi-tenant architecture of AtomSphere allows Boomi to deliver fast, frequent updates to customers and enables customers to reduce the time and cost associated with application and data integration.
“In THINKstrategies’ view, the most fascinating new feature in Boomi’s latest release is its Predictive Assistance capability, which integrates customer usage metrics into Boomi’s support system to permit its client care team to deliver more proactive services, such as active training or other client outreach when data flows reach particular thresholds. This new capability enables client care to better predict their customers’ needs,” said Jeffrey Kaplan, managing director of analyst firm THINKstrategies. “Dell has made Boomi’s Cloud-based integration capabilities a pivotal component of its own rapidly evolving cloud strategies and solutions for medium and large enterprises.”
AtomSphere Fall 11 includes these new features:
- Boomi Suggest for Functions – Drawing on the collective intelligence of the entire AtomSphere community, Boomi Suggest now includes support for Mapped Functions and offers established suggestions based on over 13,000 indexed functions and over 50,000 data maps. Data mapping and function creation is one of the most time consuming steps of integration configuration. With Boomi Suggest, users are averaging 68 suggested mappings per map with 85% of these suggestions accepted, leading to much shorter time to value.
- Expanded trust.boomi.com – Introduced in April 2010, the enhanced trust.boomi.com site now features even more information for users looking to ensure their integrations are functioning at the highest possible level. The improved transparency means that customers can rest assured that AtomSphere scales to meet their volume and reliability needs since it is already scaling to meet the needs of enterprises today as part of the world’s largest integration cloud.
- Predictive Assistance - Customer usage metrics are now integrated into Dell Boomi’s support system and facilitate proactive client outreach when metrics indicate engagement is recommended. Predictive Assistance fosters return on investment for integration platform investment versus traditional middleware via analytics-driven proactive communication.
- Business Rules - Implemented at the request of the Dell Boomi user community, Business Rules offers integrated, easy-to-use support for building complex multi-step decision making into integrations without resorting to custom coding or external products.
- Partner Dashboards – Boomi has transformed integration from a barrier to competitive advantage by opening AtomSphere for any ISV to easily build, bundle, and deploy integration processes within their application. Through the multi-tenant architecture, partners can now manage and monitor all of their customers’ integrations from a single screen.
“AtomSphere Fall 11 is designed for and co-influenced by the Boomi community to help make complex integrations as swift and successful as possible,” said Rick Nucci, founder and CTO of Dell Boomi. “By exploring new capabilities, we’re learning more by connecting people than by connecting applications. It is by harnessing the collective intelligence and experiences of global adopters of SaaS that we are able to help simplify others’ paths to the cloud and accelerate adoption.”
Pricing and Availability
Boomi AtomSphere is available in the United States and existing customers have immediate access to all features announced today with the exception of Business Rules, which is available to customers with AtomSphere Professional Edition or higher. New customers can gain access beginning at $550/month. Learn more at www.boomi.com.
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.