BERWYN, PA, April 26, 2011 – Dell Boomi, the industry’s #1 Integration Cloud, today introduced new capabilities to help enterprises take advantage of cloud computing and Software as a Service (SaaS) to help achieve enterprise efficiency, while leveraging existing IT investments.
Dell Boomi AtomSphere can give customers the power to start using new cloud and SaaS applications, and connect them to existing applications. AtomSphere Spring 11, the newest version of Dell Boomi’s cloud integration technology, includes new capabilities for middleware connectivity, large-scale data management and migration, and anywhere integration monitoring. The new features simplify the move to cloud computing through easy integration with existing enterprise IT environments.
“Enterprises are looking to quickly take advantage of the flexibility, innovation and efficiency of the cloud without sacrificing the investments they’ve already made in on-premises applications and middleware,” said Rick Nucci, founder and CTO of Dell Boomi. “Customers want to integrate the new with the old, reaping the benefits of the cloud without having to rip and replace what they already have. The new features in AtomSphere Spring 11 were designed with mid- to large-size businesses in mind to simplify their path to the cloud.”
#1 Integration Cloud Drives Competitive Advantage
Dell Boomi AtomSphere is delivered as-a-service, which makes it simple for customers to use and helps them avoid the burden of installing and maintaining integration software or appliances. It also offers customers frequent software updates to keep up with the fast pace of innovation in SaaS and cloud applications because it is a multi-tenant SaaS technology.
AtomSphere Spring 11 includes these new features:
- Legacy Middleware Cloud Gateway – A Java Message Service connector plugs into existing middleware solutions like MQ Series, Progress Software, TIBCO and webMethods. This gateway gives customers the ability to audit and govern the movement of data, enforce security of data prior to leaving the firewall, and access connectivity to over 70 SaaS applications. This enables organizations to integrate cloud computing and SaaS applications, while preserving existing middleware investments.
- Change Data Capture – Using a unique cache-analysis approach, AtomSphere is one of the first cloud integration platforms to offer Change Data Capture, which is designed to reduce the size of data sets processed by focusing on only changed data. This can improve the transit of data between on-premises and cloud environments, and is an automated process, requiring no coding.
- Large Data Processing Support – Customers can now carry out data integrations in an automated process with no coding needed and no complex file splitting. AtomSphere Spring 11 can support hundreds of GB files per atom. With AtomSphere’s parallel processing capability, terabyte-sized files are supported.
- Intelligent Optimization of Salesforce.com Integration – Salesforce.com users can now simply check a box on the Dell Boomi connector and automatically implement the Salesforce.com Bulk API. This feature is designed to intelligently calculate the optimal batch size to send to salesforce.com, dramatically simplifying customers’ ability to move important data between applications and salesforce.com.
- Anywhere Integration Monitoring – Users can expand monitoring and management options with the new AtomSphere API. Available in SOAP and REST protocols, the API provides access for third party monitoring tools to Dell Boomi AtomSphere integration activity. Customers and service delivery partners with preferred management solutions can automatically streamline integration management, tracking and alerting into one view.
“Organizations of all sizes implementing SaaS applications or cloud services require integration services to connect what’s running on-premises with what’s running in the cloud,” said Dennis Callaghan, senior enterprise software analyst at The 451 Group. “Much of the early usage of these cloud integration technologies was around connecting Salesforce.com with internal applications. While that remains an important use case, we’re seeing increasing demand for connecting other SaaS applications with internal applications or each other. Meanwhile, larger enterprises that have already made significant investments in middleware need cloud integration services that extend and enhance that legacy middleware, protecting their valuable IT investments.”
Partner Certification Ensures Quality of Service Ecosystem
Dell Boomi now offers a partner certification program so enterprises have a community of qualified channel partners to engage for project support. This comprehensive certification includes knowledge, experience and quality-review components. Certified partners must complete annual release certification to ensure currency of expertise as Dell Boomi releases new updates and enhancements to the AtomSphere technology.
Pricing and Availability
Existing AtomSphere customers have immediate access to features announced today. New customers can gain access starting at $550/month.
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.